• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ROM Hack [THE] 3DS Translation Request Topic

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
Website
gameparadise.org
Credits
To post requests, try the Japanese version first yourself.
Then prepare a nice attractive overview of the game, why it won't be officially localized, and why it should be translated because it's good and has lots of qualities (you'll talk about) and not simply "I like it/millions like it/people ask for it", how you can help, lots of shiny images ...

You need to spend time to convince potential translators and get them to be interested and fall in love with the game. A one line "please translate this" you spent 5 seconds writings won't convince them to spend months trying to reverse-engineer/translate it.

It may even make them hate that game and that's one less translator, less chances for a translation and you wouldn't like that. Would you?

DON'T ADD THE GAME HERE UNLESS IT...
Doesn't have another working English fan-translation project HERE (CHECK THIS LIST)
Wasn't already announced for US/PAL localization
Was released in Japan (or native country) since more than one year (12 months)

COPY THIS AND FILL IT

Game Name: ..........
Developer/Publisher: .......
Release: ........
Genre: ......

Does it have lots of text?

Why I don't think this will come out in the West?
What is it about?
Popularity in Japan:
Screenshots:
Videos:
Why I think it needs to be translated?
What I can do to help:

HOW YOU DON'T POST REQUESTS

Hi could you translate Naruto no Kiseki, Sora no Kiseki 1 and all, thx u a lot
Why I don't think this will come out in the West?

It did, but i don't like it and want it to be all retranslated

It's announced but I can't wait 4 months! I need that patch now!
Videos:
Look up "the name of the game" on youtube, there is a lot of gameplay -

I'm too lazy to choose a proper video and do research for a game *I* requested, do it yourself you lazy bum and quick with that translation I want it before June
What I can do to help: I ordered a flashcard today to play roms, so I can test the translation

Your request needs to be nicely presented, attractive, CONVINCING.

Play the Japan-only game yourself. Try it. Guides, videos and similar games in English to help yourself.
Then write your PERSONAL impressions.
Don't request shitty games just so that you try it 5 minutes then throw it out in disgust. You'd be then an asshole. And shitty games WON'T be translated anyways when no one like them.
Don't copy from WIKIPEDIA / NEWS ARTICLES. That WILL make people hate you, your request and your game.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back