• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hacking [PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok Translation

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
Website
gameparadise.org
Credits
Translation team:
Programmer: ChepChep
Translator: Hatsubai

CyberDrive for helping with the file format
Falo for making a GUI for the toolkit
Shrunken Pixel for figuring out the font issues
Cyan for making the battle text images
Linka and Cyan for reporting so many typos and bugs

Translation Status: 99%
I need help finding typos, bugs, grammar issues and/or missing NPC text in the patch. If you find any, please report them.

I have no plans to translate the images, fix the random item / name generator or use variable width font. If you ask me to fix them, I will ignore you. If you are interested in fixing it yourself, I am more than willing to include your fixes in the patch.

We have no plans to translate the DLC for LPR because of two reasons:
1) The DLC content overwrites all the data that we have translated so we would have to redo all of the translation to get the DLC working in English.
2) Legal Issues: The DLC was paid content and we would have to include the DLC content in order to translate it. We want to be legal and the current patch contains no copyright material of NIS.

Main Menu + options 100%
Battle Menu – 100%
Character Names – 100%
Shop Menu – 100%
Items - 100%
Skills – 100%
Story:
Chapter 1: 99%
Chapter 2: 99%
Chapter 3: 99%
Chapter 4: 99%
Chapter 5:99%
Chapter 6:99%
Chapter 7:99%
Chapter 8:99%
Chapter 9:99%
Chapter 10:99%
Chapter 11:99%
Chapter 12:99%
Bonus Chapter 1: 99%
Bonus Chapter 2: 99%
Bonus Chapter 3: 99%
Bonus Chapter 4:99%

Total chapters : 12 + 4 Bonus on PSP

Download:
-version 1.1.2 (download link)

Tools:
- La Pucelle Toolpack Version 6 (download link)
- Python File Format Tools - La Pucelle (download link)
- If anyone wants updated or other script I use please feel free to contact me. I will mostly likely share them.

Instruction to patch the game:
1) You need to dump your UMD, or use this release : La_Pucelle_Ragnarok_JPN_PSP-Caravan (filename cvn-lpr)
  • md5 : e45e0962228eba5b9dc4d558a2d30be7
  • crc32 : 295ca347
2) Download the patch
3) Download xdelta UI
4) Backup ISO
5) Run xdelta UI
6) Patch LPR iso with LPR_patched_v1_x_x.xdelta in xdelta UI
7) Either use a PSP emulator or download to PSP and enjoy

Other:
If anyone is interested in skipping directly to the new content on the PSP there is a cheat built into the game to go directly to it.

At the title screen place the cursor on "Start" and press Triangle, Square, X, Triangle, Square, X, Circle.

Walk-through for Bonus Chapters
In the first chapter, speak with the children in the orphanage, that should open an event tile in the second stage (slightly hidden behind a tree). If you want the happy end, activate it, if not, ignore it.
After that just continue to the the last stage.

If you activated the event tile in the first chapter, a event tile should be open in the fourth stage of the second level. Again activate it for the happy end. again, after that just continue to the the last stage.

In the third chapter, you can't skip most stages, beat the bosses instead. The fourth stage that is also the only skipable stage in this chapter, has an event tile, activate for happy end. After that comes the last stage with another boss battle.

In the fourth and last chapter, activate the event tile in the first stage, if you do you will get the good end, since its the last event tile. after that, again, continue on up to the final boss, that was it.

Additional hints, containing spoilers:
In the later half of the last Chapter, you will lose your team members, at least in the first playthrough, train some monsters in chapter 3 if this is your first playthrough.
You might also want to hire the demons in the first battle of chapter 4.
After the credits you can save/chose the setting for your next playthrough, the second choice with the long name is the normal mode the other one is the Demon Lord mode.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back