• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Translation ROM Hack (WIP) MapleStory DS [English Translation Project 2022]

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
Hi, everyone...

Maybe it's too late and rarely out there played this game. But, I just found it and love this game (I feel nostalgic, I had played MapleStory when kid haha...That time, it was only on pc)

Since I'm not good enough to arrange some opening words.
So...let's get started.

What's going on? (Sep 24, 2022)

Finally all AP-Fix worked for YSmenu users and TWiLight++ users. Update to 0.6.3 and next patch will be released after Rogue playthough complete.

Release (testing purpose)

Testing Release (only warrior 100% finish, please test warrior path. Choose 'simple-minded' for first play.)
If you found grammatical error, typo, format mistake (ie. break in the middle of words, unused space, no period, or incorrect reading sign), or anything that seems wrong, please report the problem type, where it is (ie. warrior ch.7), the error sentence, fix suggest (optional), and screenshot (optional).

All patches included FIX and the converting patch from the bad dump to the good dump.

Patch 0.6.3 (Japan)
Note: Please use the patch only on a Japan ROM dump.

Completed Save Data

Save Data
Mirror here.
Note: Save Data from Korea ROM can be used in Japan ROM and vice versa.

Cheat

This file has the latest updated database by DeadSkullzJr and was edited & verified by me for MapleStory DS 2022 Eng.
The original thread is here.
Note: Rename usrcheat.dat to cheat.dat if your flashcard using cheat.dat. For testing purposes, only provides usrcheat.dat.

Cheat Patch 0.6.3

Known Issue

• Not compatible with NDS-Bootstrap (fixed in patch 0.6.2)
  • For some flashcard especially clone: If booting from YSMenu, you will got Errcode=-4 (fixed in patch 0.6.3)

Translation

Graphic Translation (COMPLETED)

Graphic Text 100% Translated Inc. "True Ending" FMV
List of things that won't be translated (not affected stories and playthrough experiences)
  • Button, Sub-title, or Title that also has English text
  • Handwriting notes in concept art
What I'm to do here is to compare the original checksum file with the Chinese translation file, since Chinese translators handle all menu translation. Then, get around ~50 files to inspect. I've done some manual inspections to double crosscheck all graphic files.

In-game Text Translation (Ongoing)

Warrior10/10
Rogue1/10
Archer-/10
Magician-/10

• [Done] Machine translation
  • [Done] Machine proofreading
  • [Done] Fix All Naming (Char, NPC, Places, Item, Equipment, Job, description, hint list) thanks to www.hidden-street.net
  • [Done] Tree puzzle
  • [Done] Pigmy's quest
  • [Done] Ship part puzzle
  • [Done] DNA puzzle
  • [Ongoing] Fix format, proofread, & alter some conversation to make it more acceptable at least.
  • And many many more...pls check it regularly.

Screenshot

Tools

Tinke (lots of stuff, very grateful to its author)
MapleTrans by DarthNemesis (get in-game text, easy uncompress/compress game files)
GIMP (edit tile and palette, and other graphic stuff)
Filmora (edit video and export to MPEG)
VirtualDubMod (convert video to AVI with Mobi compression)
dsbuff (a simple way to pack/unpack raw game files)
Notepad++ (text editor that has macro and RegEx support)
Python 3 (some other stuff to inject or to do the repetitive tasks)
DS-Scene Rom Tool (Have AP-fix database and tool for AP-fixing)
HxD Hex Editor (Free hex editing tool)
Cheat Engine (Searching offset address for fixing cheat)
R4CCE (Add/edit cheat database)*
TTDT_b4 (Edit extinfo.dat and libinfo.dat)*
*R4CCE and TTDT_b4 also can be found in "RGF Muti Cart Update.zip". The thread is here.

Attachments

• MapleStory DS saves.zip
    MapleStory DS saves.zip
    22.7 KB · Views: 18

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back