• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Translation Unfinished Translation Projects That Could Be Revived!

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
Decided to bundle together a list of orphaned projects that made a release which could be picked up again, if anyone happened to be so inclined! I'm also providing a mirror download link for these on my GDrive, to prevent them from becoming lost in a sea of dead links many have unfortunately ended up. Note that dates are in the European format dd/mm/yyyy

Feel free to let me know if there's anything you'd like adding to this list! Help wanted ads for active projects that have hit a road block are also welcome, BUT there must be either a tool or text dump freely available. (Not PM for download links!)

Also, please refrain from making translation requests on this thread. There is one already dedicated to that which I also maintain, so your message will be noticed without the need to make multiple posts. Thank you!

ふしぎ遊戯 朱雀異聞 (Fushigi Yuugi: Suzaku Ibun)

cOgjeyT.png

Language: JPN > ENG

Note: This game was originally made for the PS2, then ported for the DS, bundled together with Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden: Kagami no Miko. This translation project is for the DS version.

Tool: None. Hacking info from jjjewel

Translation: No dump, partial translation

Last Update: Originally hosted on livejournal, the translations were being reformatted and shared on the above blogspot, circa May 2014. The original translator has since moved blogs to joseinextdoor and is still active on twitter as of December 2023, but no longer working on this project.

Iron Master: The Legendary Blacksmith (アイアンマスター)
Nw0KyjJ.png

Note: This game has a cancelled English version, hence why you might see some English screenshots around, although no translation has been released.

Original GBAtemp Thread: Link

Tools: Gryphon93's tools (Unfinished)

De1ta0ne's tools + Google translated text dump (Unfinished) GDrive Mirror
Short description - edit three machine translated text files and start 'make.bat', as output you get 4272.nds with translation ..

SETUP
1. Download 32bit or 64 bit ruby installation from dropbox > software > rubyinstaller
2. Install ruby to c:\Ruby21-x64 (patches in batfiles are hardcoded)
3. Unpack 2014.11.08.zip from dropbox to work folder
4. Rename Iron Master ROM to 4272.nds and place to work folder
5. Run tools\unpack.bat from work folder

WORKFLOW
1. Edit dlgcmd.txt / ItemClassDB.txt / locstr.txt in work folder
2. Start validator.exe from work folder (may be skipped)
3. Start make.bat from work folder
4. Run 4272.nds

TECHNICAL DETAIL
1. Fixed incorrect file open mode in LocStrFile.rb on build locstr.bin
2. Sources for all tools - work folder / source
3. Work folder / source / ItemClassDB.idf.bt - file format for ItemClassDB.idf (using hex 010 Editor)
4. In ItemClassDB.exe realized two methods to inject English translation. First - fix offsets in ItemClassDB.idf to use build-in English translation (only for item names), second - append strings to end ItemClassDB.idd and correct offsets in ItemClassDB.idf
5. Work folder / originals contain all unmodified materials
6. Work folder / errors contain error screen shot, how to fix it - i don't known :L

Translation: Partial Translation by Regin, GDrive Mirror

Last Update: In September 2020, the translator Ladios started working on a new translation, however the project was dropped.

カスタムビートバトル ドラグレイド 2 (Kasutamu Bīto Batoru Doragureido 2)
Alt Title: Custom Beat Battle Draglade 2
3cgz5ek.png

Tool: Untitled (Broken) GDrive Mirror
When unpacking, select the file you want to unpack. Then a directory with the same file name in the same directory will be created containing the unpacked files.

When repacking, select the base file you unpacked, NOT the files in the created folder.

Translation: A patch version 0.1 was released by Kosheh in 2009. GDrive Mirror (Rename your ROM to "cvn-dg2.nds" to get the patcher to work.)
How to use: Unzip into folder with Draglade 2 and click on patcher.bat.

What's translated:

Battle Mode (renamed VS Mode...I think I'll probably name it back) pause menu

Main Menu, VS Mode submenus and Information submenu headers. I didn't translate one menu because I wasn't sure what it did. It's "Clear Save Data" but since I said I'd have the patch posted by sunday, yeah. :<

Dragon Sequencer 2.0 main screen is translated.
Known bugs:
"Deck Maker" and "Grap 101" in main menu sometimes have random symbols around them. When replacing the tiles...somehow, those appear

Last Update: In September 2021, Zerokij launched a reboot of the project, and is in need of a hacker.

ケツイ デスレーベル 絆地獄たち (Ketsui: Death Label Kizuna Jigoku Tachi)
Alt Title: Determination: Hellbound Bonds, Death Label
AWg8SE1.png

Original Thread: Link

Tool: None publicly available.

Translation: A partial translation patch v0.2 was released by z3tzilla, circa 2010. Text dumps are available on the above thread.

Last Update: Z3tzilla was last seen on GBAtemp in July 2022, recruiting translators.

キミの勇者 (Kimi no Yusha)
Alt Title: Your Hero
Szs3Mxm.png

Tool: YushaTrans 0.6 (Unfinished) GDrive Mirror

Translation: A partial translation patch was released by Valyr in Jul 2009. GDrive Mirror

Last Update: A new project was started by the AGT Team in December 2021, but is currently on hiatus. You can follow the team's work on their Discord server or blog.

暗闇の果てで君を待つ (Kurayami no Hate de Kimi o Matsu)
Alt Title: KuraKimi
oOLFNgS.png

Tool: No tool was created, however some hacking notes and a table file can be found in the linked thread.

Translation: A translation of the game's prologue and intro can be found in the first post of the linked thread. A partial Italian translation is also reported to exist, however I was unable to find it.

Londonian Gothics -迷宮のロリィタ - (Londonian Gothics - Meikyuu no Lolita)
5W9MP5B.png

Original GBAtemp Thread: n/a

Note: Not to be confused with Lolita of Labyrinth for the Xbox 360 which is a spin-off set in the same universe.

Tool: None, no patch project ever started

Translation: No dump, full translation(?)

桜蘭高校ホスト部DS (Ōran Kōkō Hosuto Kurabu)
Alt Title: Ouran High School Host Club DS

WK6BJOU.png

Note: This game was originally made for the PS2, then ported for the DS with added content. This translation project is for the DS version.

Tool: OuranExtractionTool built on the original tool by azerty1, Ouran tool v1-0 (broken)

Translation: Full dump, partial translation

Last Update: An updated version of the original tool was created by hackers leo_v & jaga8285 in January 2021. The project has since been undertaken by OHSHC- The Manga Dub. The project was still ongoing as of December 2023.

ぷよぷよフィーバーチュー! (Puyopuyo Fībā Chū!)
Alt Title: Puyo Puyo Fever 2
nwditR2.png

Note: This game was also released for the PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable. All file dumps/translations come from an unfinished translation of the version from PS2. Other than the NDS supporting up to 8 players rather than 4, the exact differences between them is unknown.

Original Thread: Link Browsing the project's sub-forum is also recommended.

Tool: Tools for the PS2 version were publicly released. Whilst it's unlikely that any of these will be cross compatible with the DS, they may be useful to mine the translations from the partial patch.

Translation: As mentioned above, there exists a full text & image dump from the PS2 game, as well as a partial patch (GDrive Mirror) and additional museum library book translations.

そらのおとしもの フォルテ ドリーミーシーズン (Sora no Otoshimono Forute Dorīmī Shīzun)
Alt Title: Sora no Otoshimono Forte: Dreamy Season
7GPnczw.png

Tool: Untitled (Untested) GDrive Mirror
Written for Python 2.0, usage is "strings.py <file>.dat -e" to extract a .strings file, and then "strings.py <file>.strings -c" to re-compile it back into a .new. It handles the text length so you can make your lines as long as you want.

Translation: Script dump, GDrive Mirror

Last Update: No translation progress ever released.

skulldivider.gif

Patch only releases
These games have a partial translation patch, with little to no documentation. In other words, attempts to pick them up will have to start from square one again (unless you're able to get a hold of the original authors.) However as well as knowing that hacks are doable, there's the added bonus of being able to pick up from someone else's hard work! In cases where it's dubious whether or not the original authors would be okay with someone picking up where they left off, please proceed with sensitivity! (i.e. Where they haven't been heard from in years, and offer no alternative contact method to try.)

Be advised; this is not an exhaustive list, and games that are already fully playable are not included.

チーズスイートホーム チーがおうちにやってきた (Chi's Sweet Home: Chi ga Ouchi ni Yatte Kita)
Alt Title: Chi's Sweet Home: New Address
ZFDbT7a.png

Partial Patch: V1 was released by Suruz in May 2010, originally lost, a backup was provided by jonothan.stevens. GDrive Mirror

The majority of the text has been translated, with some awkward English due to limitations of space. A few images were translated on the thread which have since been lost, nothing in-game.

Additional Info: A text inserter called "ChiTrans" was created by DarthNemesis and given to suruz for use in this project, who was providing it to people on a PM-only basis.

シドとチョコボの不思議なダンジョン 時忘れの迷宮DS+ (Cid to Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon: Toki Wasure no Meikyū DS+)
Alt Title: Cid and Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: the Labyrinth of Forgotten Time DS+
AOHn5EP.png

Note: This game has received several iterations. The original on the Wii, received an English release. The DS version is an enhanced port of that game, which never received a translation, and was followed by a remaster named 'Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy!' which released in English for the Switch and PS4.

Additional Info: Information about getting started with the files can be found here.

Partial Patch: V4 was released by GrayFox2510 in June 2010. GDrive Mirror

コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ (Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch)
Alt Title: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
XKHyWsa.png

Partial Patch: A partial translation patch v04 was released by BlueFlame90 in July 2009. Unfortunately the original download link has gone dead, however it can be found as a pre-patched ROM on sites that will not be linked here.
What is done:
Items and Item descriptions = 100%
Character Names = 100%
Knigtmare Frame Names = 100%
Location Names = 100%
Mission Names = 100%
Character Database = 5%

Game Script:
Almost nothing

Last Update: Any translators interested in restarting the project from scratch should contact the AGT Team at their Discord server who can provide a full script dump as well as support.

Cross Treasures (クロストレジャーズ)
TkNc3dp.png

Original GBAtemp Thread: Link, was superceded by a later thread.

Tool: None. *Download links for the original tool by Takashio (last seen in 2011) are down, despite attempts from several people to restore it.*

Partial Patch: A partial translation patch v02c was released by Fluffybutt, last updated Apr 2014. GDrive Mirror
Left unfinished...
Story dialogue & in-game images
Remaining NPC dialogue (Quests, Skill givers, Class upgrades, Hot Spring/Ramen, Tailor, etc.)
Character descriptions (Quest givers)
Monster names

Last Update: A revival was started by AZealousIndividual. Looking for help/information about inserting the images which are in .ncl, .ncg, .nsc formats. (See this thread for details.)

Puzzle Series Vol. 5: Slitherlink

CRIp4H8.png

Partial Patch: A partial translation patch v.0.7 was released by T-Tudor in Sep 2014. GDrive Mirror

Additional Info: The remaining untranslated text is from the tutorial, and some messages that may not actually be used. No tool was made for the above patch. All the text in the game can be found within the graphics, making it possible to translate using pre-existing tools (T-Tudor used TileMolester). Hacking may however be desirable to improve text alignment in some places.

ぞんびだいすき (Zombie Daisuki)

6Lx9IeJ.png

Partial Patch: A partial menu translation patch v.0.7 was released by T-Tudor in Oct 2009. GDrive Mirror
There are still some grammar and spelling mistakes.

Things that are not translated:
Multiplayer minigames;
Items, Stages and Characters' description(a lot of text that is not crucial for game completion);
Zombies' profile description;
Sub-Quests' description(I've translated some, but then gave up on them, as I hadn't much free time);
Same menues (I couldn't get my hands on graphics files).

Additional Info: No tools were made for the above patch, it was edited using pre-existing tools.

skulldivider.gif

Beta Projects
Translations left in the early stages.

Wizardry 生命の楔 (Wizardry: Seimei no Kusabi Alt Title: Wizardry- Wedge of Life (Note: The title is sometimes incorrectly romanized as 'Inochi no Kusabi')
不思議のダンジョン 風来のシレンDS2 〜砂漠の魔城〜 (Fushigi no Dungeon: Fūrai no Shiren DS2: Sabaku no Majō) Alt Title: Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer DS2: Magic Castle of the Desert (Not to be confused with Shiren the Wanderer 2 on N64, this is a sequel to Shiren the Wanderer GB/DS.)
恋するプリン! ~恋は大冒険! Dr.カンミの野望!?~ (Koisuru Purin! Koi wa Daibouken! Dr. Kanmi no Yabou!?) Alt Title: Pudding In Love! Love Is A Great Adventure! Dr. Sweet's Ambition!

skulldivider.gif

Actively Recruiting Projects
This is an incomplete list of translation projects led by members who are still active on GBAtemp (as of December 2020), but are currently unable to progress any further and so are seeking help.

Shining Force Feather (シャイニング・フォース フェザー )

PejiJl1.png

Project Lead: luckymouse0

Translation: The latest partial translation patch v0.8 was released in July 2016. GDrive Mirror

Tool: No tool was made for the above patch, it was made using previously existing programs. More documentation can be found in the first post of the original thread.

Help Wanted: ROM Hacker- Allow half width characters to be used. Locate Free Battle Objectives.
Translators- Translate the Story, Lounge facility, Library facility

FabStyle (ファブスタイル)
xYnqppq.png

Project Lead: Rocket Robz

Translation: The latest partial translation patch v2.0 was released in January 7th, 2020.

Tool: See thread link

Help Wanted: Translators- Translate the Story, and some other Japanese text

Last Update: As of Janurary 2021, MooshyPon has been working on the translation! (See the original thread for details.) You can keep up to date with the project by joining the FabStyle Translation Discord server.

skulldivider.gif

Thanks for checking out this thread! If you are interested in picking up any of these projects, do let me know so I can update it! :D

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back