• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homebrew [Release] SimpleModDownloader, a mod downloader for your switch

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
Website
gameparadise.org
Credits
logo

HI community,

I've recently delved into the vast world of Switch modding and found it tiresome always having to rely on a computer to install mods. I found the idea of SimpleModManager interesting, but it lacked a downloading feature. That's why I created the homebrew SimpleModDownloader. The installation part is done through SimpleModManager, so there's a button to switch from the downloader to the manager.

SimpleModDownloader is based on the extensive gamebanana database.

Downloads:
Releases: https://github.com/PoloNX/SimpleModDownloader/releases/
Source: https://github.com/PoloNX/SimpleModDownloader

How to use it:
  • Place the .nro file on your SD card in the "/switch/" folder.
  • Launch the homebrew from the homebrew launcher.

EDIT : Hello community! I'm very pleased to announce that I've finally finished rewriting SimpleModDownloader from scratch. The app now utilizes a new version of Borealis for the UI, which has allowed me greater flexibility in the UI design. Here's the changelog, which is quite extensive, and I may have surely missed some things
  • Rewrote the app from scratch using Borealis.
  • Transitioned to a new build tool: CMake.
  • Fixed #46 and #39.
  • Added a new page to preview the mod.
  • Implemented detection to check if a mod is compatible with SimpleModDownloader (in reality, I check if there's a romfs folder in the archive, as permitted by the GameBanana API).
  • Added a fix to prevent a crash that occurred when the mod contained special characters.
  • Reduced loading times and implemented multi-threading for improved performance.
Here is some screenshots/video

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

If you want to translate the app into other languages, feel free to do so! You will be credited in the homebrew.

I would like to thank all of you for being able to help me improve the application day by day by reporting bugs and feature requests :)

SimpleModDownloader is a game-changer for Switch enthusiasts! With its user-friendly interface and efficient functionality, accessing mods for your favorite games has never been easier. Seamlessly browse, download, and install mods to enhance your gaming experience in just a few clicks. Say goodbye to complex procedures and hello to a world of endless customization. Get ready to elevate your gameplay with SimpleModDownloader today!

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back