• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hacking [Release] Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition PS3 English Translation Patch

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
Website
gameparadise.org
Credits
This is a full English translation patch for the Playstation 3 version of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition. That means that every word, texture, etc. is in English with the exception of the items noted in Note 1. The official English version of the original Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, as well as GBAtemp member Androu1's preliminary work on the PS VITA English menu patch were used as the foundation for this full release. In summary, this English patch makes every effort to appear and look official, down to the same original game fonts for textures.

A high level overview of what is translated:
  • *All* game menus
  • *All* character stories and win quotes
  • Character Select Screen, including scrolling and descriptive texts
  • In-battle character names and support character comments
  • Special in-battle texts for Ako and Rusian attacks
(Note 1) What is not translated and will not be translated:
  • Opening and Ending movies
  • Trophy and game title data
  • Player Card Titles in the CUSTOMIZE menu
  • Light novel sample previews in the SPECIAL menu

Screenshots:

VXR9BAa.jpg

1pn9vQC.jpg

kXZcpZA.jpg

lMltHOt.jpg

sXbxk2w.jpg

S5PZqZ8.jpg

u8XJjRO.jpg

B8qyhoC.jpg

w7ofCVu.jpg

XrWwiVW.png

woK60tt.jpg

os52Y0f.png

VnnRPFg.png

OmJ9StT.png

0dJkaWV.jpg

How to install:

1. Have some way to access game files, i.e. Multiman, emulator, etc.
  2. Ensure your copy of the game is updated to version 1.04 (the latest version).
  3. Find the PS3 game directory, usually at /dev_hdd0/game/NPJB00785.
  4. Paste the "USRDIR" folder from the extracted download 7zip file into the directory mentioned above.
  5. Play.

1. Have some way to access game files, i.e. Multiman, emulator, etc.
  2. Ensure your copy of the game is updated to version 1.04 (the latest version).
  3. Find the PS3 game update directory, usually at /dev_hdd0/game/BLJM61322.
  4. Paste the "USRDIR" folder from the extracted download 7zip file into the directory mentioned above.
  5. If you are using a "back-up" copy: Find the PS3 game directory, usually at /dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLJM61322.
  6. Paste the "USRDIR" folder from the extracted download 7zip file into the directory mentioned above.
  7. Play.

Warning: This method is much more time consuming than the other two. The files and programs I reference below can be easily found by searching via Google/Youtube, etc. I will not link them here.

1. Have an original BLJM61322 PS3_GAME folder ready. Extract the latest English patch USRDIR folder into the PS3_GAME folder.
  2. Run CFW2OFW Helper.exe in the same directory as BLJM61322 to begin the ISO to PKG conversion.

***READ STEPS #3 AND #4 CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU CONTINUE***
  3. Prepare another copy of the English patch USRDIR folder so that you can press Ctrl+V to paste it as soon as possible. CFW2OFW Helper.exe will download the latest game version patch and apply it to the conversion after extracting it. Let it finish downloading the patch.
  4. Now you have a "_FIGHTING_CLIMAX_IGNITION_(BLJM61322)" folder. Extract the latest English patch USRDIR folder into _FIGHTING_CLIMAX_IGNITION_(BLJM61322)\BLJM61322 (this is the game patch folder) IMMEDIATELY AFTER the moment the patch is finished extracting into that folder. Now let CFW2OFW Helper.exe finish.
  5. Run the make-backup-pkg do.bat file to create the PKG. You will now have 3 PKG - GAME, PATCH, and LIC.
  6. Enable HAN and Debug Package Enabler and install all three PKG.
  7. Run the game. It should be fully translated.

Download Links:

MEGA - Version 1.03

MEGA - DFCI Translation Toolkit
For anyone who wants to translate DFCI into another Latin-alphabet/Chinese-character language.

Special Thanks:

• Tsukimori: Me, for bothering to translate the equivalent of a small book.
  • Androu1: For his PS VITA English menu patch and proof of concept work.
  • SEGA USA: For their excellent work localizing the original FIGHTING CLIMAX.
  • Delta: For providing game lore help so I could make sense of how to translate/localize texts.
  • You: Because I didn't translate this for myself. Please go use my patch and enjoy the game.

Disclaimer:

• I am not responsible for any damage or issues this patch may cause. Use at your own risk and make additional back-ups before installing.
  • Logos, fonts, etc. belong to their respective owners.
  • The patch currently only works on PS3. I believe you should be able to take the game story text files and combine it with the PS VITA patch, but you lose out on the texture modifications from this release. You would need to convert/repackage all the textures included to fully port this English patch to PS VITA/PS4. Please contact me if you are interested in porting this patch to other consoles.

Changelog:

• 1.03 - Various Network Mode corrections. Other minor presentation changes. Final PS3 release.
  • 1.02 - Bugfix for Training Mode options disappearing. Other minor presentation changes.
  • 1.01 - Bugfix for VS Mode win quotes not randomizing correctly.
  • 1.00 - Initial Release

Please leave comments, bug reports, typo reports, etc. in this GBAtemp thread. I will only make updates to this patch if there are serious bug issues.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back