• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ROM Hack Pokemon Shiny Gold Unofficial Development

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
Website
gameparadise.org
Credits
Welcome. I was playing Pokemon Shiny Gold recently, & saw that, even though the game is awsome, many things were not completed. I know this project was originally by Zel, SO I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR ANYTHING BEFORE THE THINGS I WILL HAVE IN THE LIST BELOW. I tried to contact him to get his permission, but I was unable to get him, so I am making sure everyone knows that I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS GAME UP UNTIL THIS FUTURE DEVELOPEMENT! I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THAT. ALL OF IT GOES TO THE PEOPLE IN THE CREDIT SECTION IN THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME.

Before I get flamed all over the place, I'm going to answer some of the questions out there.

1. Why are you doing this? HG SS are coming out soon for E & U...
A: HGSS are for DS. Some people either can't get the DS versions, or like the look of the GBA, like me.

2. The game seemed pretty complete to me...
A: It was very close, but some of the minor things were not completed, I will name some below.

3. Just quit. Everyone has forgotten about this. No hack will ever be as good as an official game.
A: I know many people that are still interested in this.

4. You are stupid! Reviving something from 2008!? Just get rid of this mess, & get on with your unsuccessful, meaningless life!...
A: I won't tolerate that. (Instant Report) If you don't like it, go away.

Now that we have that out of the way, here is a list of things that are planned to be done, & some things I'm still deciding.

THINGS TO DO:
Finish accurate Trainer names.
Fix small NPC text errors.
Resprite Trainer & Rival Battle/Trainer Card Sprites
Edit tile sprites that were only recolored (Sprout Tower, Tin Tower, ect.)

THINGS TO DECIDE ON:
Create Mt. Silver
Create Red Battle
Add more Legendary Battles (very unlikely)
Add New Secret Battles (very unlikely)

This will only be done on Shiny Gold X, the harder version, because that is the version with fixed Pallet, Viridian, Pewter, & Cinnibar areas. I'll update each day how far into this I am.

Update (Nov. 3, 7:45e)
Title Screen Ho-oh replaced. Old on left, New on right.

Update (Dec. 12, 3:12e, pretty funny how that time came up...)
Patch is here! Not finished yet, but all Kanto towns (except for Pallet Town), cities, & routes have been rebuilt, so most of them should be accessible now. PALLET IS NOT IN IT YET, SO DO NOT GO DOWN FROM ROUTE 1! I have no idea what it will do if you do. I have to redo Pallet Town all together, because it is non existent, probably because it was edited to something like New Bark Town.

Due to lack of room for tiles, I had to change some around, so there might be slight differences with certain buildings on the right side. This might be fixed in future progress, but until then, it will do. Also, MT SILVER ISN'T IN THE GAME YET. I have spent most of the time relocating warp points to the right places, fixing maps, & replacing scripts that were misplaced because of glitched towns. It should be here in the next beta.

I am not at this point in the game, for my file was erased, due to some swapping of saves with my PC & DS EZ Flash pack, so if you find anything glitchy, may it be a full glitch of the game, or just a glitched sprite, please don't hesitate to tell me. (Please, do not post if you are commenting on badly made sprites or tiles. That is for another time. For now, we focus on main terrain.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back