• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project PS1/2 Emulator Homebrew WiiSX / CubeSX (PCSXGC) with Lightrec Project - Beta testers & feedback needed!

PlayStation and PS2 Games

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
Hi there all,

1712285593637.png

After a LOOOONG time of the development of the legendary Sony PlayStation 1 emulator for Wii, WiiSX (formerly PCSXGC) was discontinued in 2010/2011, the development of WiiSX has been REBOOTED by @emukidid... but this time you'll never expect this:

WiiSX/CubeSX with Lightrec - a very cool and light dynarec!

The author of this cool light dynamic recompiler Lightrec, pcercuei (http://github.com/pcercuei/lightrec), was working in this cool project for a while, and he implemented (and he is still implementing) the Lightrec to the first WiiSX/CubeSX emulator, so it can be integrated on later forks (such WiiStation by @xjsxjs197 and WiiSXRX by @niuus).

By the way, this is still a WIP (Work In Progress), so i will make this thread for post builds for WiiSX and CubeSX with Lightrec implementation, but also WiiSX/CubeSX will get the CDRISO plugin from PCSX-df and the DFSound plugin from PCSX-Reloaded, meaning that WiiSX/CubeSX soon will say goodbye to the CDRMooby CD-ROM plugin, FranSPU sound plugin, their old PPC (PowerPC) dynarec, and more.

This new implementation aims to get a better speed at PS1 emulation on GC/Wii and also gain a bit more compatibility.

Video showcases:

As i said, this is currently a WIP, and we need BETA testers & feedback from all of the community!

Please consider test these new builds i've compiled here. Compiled until git 0d62bd3 (February 22, 2023)
Avaliable for GameCube and Wii.

Tell me what do you think about this new cool project.

Greetings to all! :yaywii:

Attachments

• CubeSX_Lightrec_GameCube_git_0d62bd3_22022023.zip
    CubeSX_Lightrec_GameCube_git_0d62bd3_22022023.zip
    804.5 KB · Views: 14
  • WiiSX_Lightrec_Wii_git_0d62bd3_22022023.zip
    WiiSX_Lightrec_Wii_git_0d62bd3_22022023.zip
    897.9 KB · Views: 13

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back