• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Try to make a custom loader for SuperCard SD

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
The SuperCard is Jucky, not just because it's flash is too slow, but also it's official patcher patches badly, the patched game runs slow even on other cards.

But, TwilightMenu has a function that loads GBA games to the SuperCard and auto patch it.This patch, however, is better then the official one. It will still have some slow down issues, but much better than the official one.

Yesterday I tried to port it to gba, and make it a full standalone loader.

The loader can :
1.load the "run.gba" to the psram(sdram?)
2.patch the game with prefetch & wait state & game specific white screen patch
3.patch the game to make it Sram save.

But the main problem now is :
1.the code use libfat to load the game from sd card and:
1.1 the libfat is really slow, about 5~10X slower than the stok firmware
1.2 libfat for gba is broken on latest toolchain, I have to use an old version to compile it
2.the patching process is too slow,but I think I can improve it by saving the difference to a file rather than search and patch the rom everying time

the code and the toolchain can be found on github , just search ``ArcheyChen/SuperCard-SD-loader`

I'm new here and I can't post a link, so you have to search by your own.

The binary is uploaded, just unzip it, put it in your sd card, and rename your game to `run.gba`. Boot the loader, when it's done, it will tell you to press A to boot the game.

Finally, I can post a link now:
https://github.com/ArcheyChen/SuperCard-SD-loader

I forgot to add Makefile to it, just copy one from libgba's example
==================

If someone know how to improve the sd card reading speed, please contact me !!!!!!!!

Attachments

• shitty_loader.0.11.zip
    shitty_loader.0.11.zip
    82 KB · Views: 21

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back