• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homebrew Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for DS (and Wii) games

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
Website
gameparadise.org
Credits
UPDATE: We got a custom server up an running: Instructions on how to use it are at http://altwfc.net/. Also hop on IRC if you want to help or contribute at #altwfc on Rizon.

UPDATE 2: The new altwfc server IP is 104.131.93.87! Be sure to update your DNS settings!

http://save-nintendo-wifi.com/

I'm starting this project in response to the announcement of Nintendo Wi-Fi servers shutting down in May. Eventually this project hopes to have enough information so myself or other hackers have enough information to reverse engineer the Nintendo Wi-Fi servers and make emulated servers to live long after the May 20th cutoff date. What I plan to do is until the servers get shut down, is collect as many packet dumps from as many of these games as I can. That is where you can come in.

Right now we only have a little less than three months to gather data on all the games being shut down. Pure manpower is needed at this point, because a lot of games are going away and although initial analysis seems to indicate games use very similar protocols, there might be some differences between games we'll have to save and document.

If you have a capable router and one of the games being shut down, you can help. I have a guide on how to configure a DD-WRT or Tomato router on the project page, and it is possible to get packet logs from emulators as well. If someone can contribute a guide for that that would be really helpful to get people on.

Goals right now:
* Get packets from as many games as possible before it goes down, with focus on games we don't have any information on yet.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back