• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
Website
gameparadise.org
Credits
UPDATE 20/11: New Super Mario Bros. Wii works now on USB-Loaders, SNEEK/UNEEK, Disc-Loaders and ModChips. See the Instructions below![/p]
For USB-Loader Users:
-Try the newest NeoGamma, USBLoader GX, CFG-Loader or WiiFlow, which all should be able to run the clean game.
-Or put the fixed game on your drive, using your favorite manager, and play it with any loader you like.

For SNEEK/UNEEK+DI Users:
-The clean game will work fine, no need to do something.

For Disc-Loader Users (no ModChip, only cIOS):
-Use NeoGamma, be shure to also copy the NeoGamma-Folder, and enable "Search patches". WiiFlow, CFG-Loader and USBLoader GX should also be able to do this.
-The patched game works fine with NeoGamma, USBLoader GX, CFG-Loader or WiiFlow.

ModChip Users:
-Some newer ModChips have been updated to play the game without any patches needed. Currently these are: WODE (which needs a .bca-File, look at my FAQ) and WiiKey 1 and WiiKey 2. Update any play the clean ISO without any problems.
-Use NeoGamma, be shure to also copy the NeoGamma-Folder, and enable "Search patches".
-Or try GeckoOS, and these Cheats for your Region. Place it under /codes/, and activate Ocarina in GeckoOS.http://www.mediafire.com/?zycz0dlluit
-Or download and Install IOS53 and your System IOS (3.2-3.4 = IOS30, 4.0/4.1= IOS60, 4.2=IOS70) and patch them with the Trucha Patch. Use DOP-IOS MOD for this. Then play the patched ISO. You'll need a Wii that is connected to the Internet! ATTENTION: THIS IS DANGEROUS! HAVE BOOTMII AS BOOTv2 AND A BACKUP, OR LIFE WITH THE RISKS!

cIOSCORP/DARKCORP Users:
-Patched game works fine with DARKCORP v1.1.

Retail Disc Users:
-Disc will work fine from GeckoOS and DiscChannel
-It doesn't matter if you have a ModChip or a cIOS. The retail Disc will work fine!

Patching/Fixing the ISO:

1) Download the WiiScrubber 1.40 Package
2) Run the "MakeKeyBin.exe"
3) Open WiiScrubber, and select your ISO
4) Search for the main.dol -> right click -> Extract
5) Download THIS Package here, and your favourite PPF-Patcher (ex. PPF-O-Matic)
6) Open your PPF-Patcher, choose the main.dol for input and the PPFf-Patch for your region, and klick apply.
7) Back in WiiScrubber, search again for the main.dol, right klick -> Replace and select the patched main.dol
8) Done. Exit WiiScrubber, and enjoy!

Or you can search for on the know ISO Sites for an already fixed release. DON'T ASK ANYONE WHERE TO GET THESE!!![/p]

What the FAQ?
Q: What do I have to do to make this work?

A: Buy it, since you can't read all the Words above.

Q: Do I have to update?
A: For "Backup-Users": No. Just follow the Steps given. This works on every Version.
For Retail-Users: You'll maybe need to update IOS53. Run the game through GeckoOS, it should do that for you.

Q: Is there any sense in the order of the Solutions?
A: Yes, I've tried to order them. The best solution should be the first one, the last solution the worst one.

Q: I have no Idea what to do with the .dols, etc.
A: Have a Look here, or ask in this Thread (after using the Search, please).

Q: The PPF-Patch doesn't work!
A: Try to apply the Patch to an UNMODIFIED/PATCHED ISO. You can also try the Gecko Cheats, which are the same.

Q: I've already started playing the PAL Version, do I now have to start over in the NTSC-Version?
A: There is actually no differnece between the games, though, have a look here.

Q: I have a WODE-ModChip, but can't create the BCA-File. What do I have to do?
A: I made one. You can download it here. Then simply follow the Instructions WODE gave you.
[/p]

Credits:
-Thanks to this Website, where the Patch was found.
-Thanks to VKI, who made the PPF-Patches
-Thanks to modrobert, who converted the PPF-Patch to Gecko Cheats Codes
-Thanks to WiiPower, who made the Loader Patches
-Thanks to hundshamer, who made the Save Converting-Tut
-Thanks to WiiPower, Dack, Wiiwu, jakejm79, nutta_nic, RetroHero and carbonyle for correcting/giving Infos!
-Thanks for all other Members/Coders contributing and helping!

This Guide belongs to GP and their members! Anyone that copies stuff from it, modify it and/or post it on another Site (yes, I'm watching you!) has at least to give Credit, or put it immediately down! I and the community put a lot of work in it, so respect this please! [/p]
And please: Don't PM me with questions how to get this to work. Ask in this Thread. Thanks![/p]

(Feel free to correct me. I'll update the first post with Infos if something is wrong.)

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back