• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homebrew Mario Kart 8 Ultimate, download the alpha now! 104 additional courses to the base game!

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
Website
gameparadise.org
Credits
Mario Kart 8 Ultimate alpha is here. In this new modpack, you get 104 additional courses plus all your base Mario Kart 8 courses. Made for real hardware, US copies of the game, Can be alterred easily to run on Eur copies and in CEMU. The included readme should answer just about any question you have. A full video showcase is in the works, but for now just enjoy the small video showing the full course selection menu, and then if you want it, hit that download button below it!

Download Mario Kart 8 Ultimate alpha

Also, for those using this for the Eur copy of the game, not only should you follow the readme in regard to renaming a few folders, but also, you should download and extract the .zip file attached to this post and put it in the root of your SD card, after you had already extracted the game and followed the instructions of it's readme to get it to work with Eur copies of the game.

Please note: while it was believed that adding new music for the additional courses wasn't possible when I released the alpha, I've since found some method to add music to the extra courses. A few courses have been stubborn, so the updated mod isn't ready to release yet, but soon enough I will release a version with music for the custom courses. Until then enjoy the alpha without music over the additional courses.

Now, don't go expecting this tomorrow or anything like that. There is a lot that still needs to be done before this is in a decent state to share. Lots of things just hinge on when progress to the CTGP-CafeLoader occurs. I can work with the framework here, but I can't create the framework here lol. We're waiting on the ability to put music over the additional courses, right now they're all silent aside from the original courses, we're also waiting on the ability to put custom map objects in the game, because as things stand now, while the custom courses will play without much issue, many map objects have been altered making some of the vanilla courses to look strange or straight up crash the game. When that does become an available option, I do not look forward to the headache I'll have of having to go back over every custom course and finding which had map object changes and then altering them to be their own thing for each map that has them.

And there are other little issues here and there: lots of courses don't have maps, the changes to textures and models to in race items can't be implemented yet or the game will crash. But these are not the pressing issues that map objects especially are, or even course music.

For now, just be patient and enjoy my older available modpack. The nice thing about the ctgp-cafeloader layout is that this will change from 6 separate modpacks to just 2, One with all the original MK8 characters, and one with the many changed characters that were available in the modpack I had dubbed Invitational. But we wont need a separate Battle modpack, as now we can separate the battle maps without affecting the race maps, and in fact have more of them as well, as things stand the battle maps total 16: the 8 from MK8 Wii U, and the 8 from MK8 Deluxe. Hopefully my next update wont be a long time, but for now when that will be is out of my hands, as I'm essentially just waiting for progress with cafeloader to occur.

ORIGINAL POST with the original 6 modpack suite:

Download link is in the video's description. This took quite a while to put together, but I'm very happy with the end results, check it out, I think it's really cool.

Attachments

• Put in Root of Folder for Eur copies of game.7z
    83.7 KB · Views: 22

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back