• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From the creators of Jazz3D (Kind of)

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
This is a video I created but was uploaded on thebaratusii's channel a while ago. Since you guys are familiar with Jazz3d due to Luke94 being obsessed with it.

You might get to know now that there was an earlier 3D game on the Unreal engine that got cancelled (along with many other projects during budgetary cuts at GTI Interactive, the only early project under their publishing deal that survived was Wheel of Time) created by the same team as behind Jazz3D except with some different artists(most notably the main guy, Daniel Cook, a real talented artist with a vision) and without Dean Dodrill who was the guy who took over Jazz stuff from Epic at the time. The team was back then known as Eclipse Productions and not World Tree Games.

I managed to recover at one point most assets from this game though any full betas were lost and there are just a couple of "test" versions that can be assembled from existing files.

The terrain tests I imported myself, but there are supposed to be buildings placed etc which requires more work. There was a lot more done than is seen here, just nearly all raw assets were recovered but not the entire game itself.

Besides this was under a beta Unreal engine from 1997. The game was in developement since 1995 and originally didn't use the Unreal Engine at all. Some known people like Ty Halderman of the doom fame, also worked on the game in 1996 and a map (level in other words) was recovered that was his, however it can't be run on any of the recovered game versions so its useless unless unreal engine from early 1996 ever gets out again....
He might have had it but he died in 2015 before I could ask him or knew about his involvement..

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back