• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying AlienLayer! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ROM Hack FF IV The Complete Collection Switch PPSSPP Cecil Paladin Battle Model Swap.

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
Website
gameparadise.org
Credits
DISCLAIMER:
THIS MOD IS A STRICTLY NON-PROFIT MOD CREATED BY A FAN FOR THE FANS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ffiv_c10.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here I am back once again with another off the wall mod for the community. This time around It's a Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection mod for the PPSSPP on Switch. I have been using the amazing stand alone beta version myself from M4xw but this mod should work on any PPSSPP emulator build on that Switch that supports texture replacement. (Including the preferred Android version on Switch that doesn't present any battle lag when enemies are destroyed and disappear) Keep in mind though that this current mod version is ONLY for the Switch due to the Switches scaled down texture sizes so it will not work on the PC build of PPSSPP. Also you need to make sure that you are using the US version ISO wise of the game for this mod to be compatible. Also for the record I do have plans to bring this mod to the PC version in the future after I finish this Switch build. With all that said let's start the show! In short summary FF4 has and always will be one of my favorite games of the series and it's honestly such an amazing game and in my eyes perfect minus one thing that has always bugged me since the first time way back I played the game as a kid. That one thing being Cecil's paladin battle model being 685% different than his field model. So that's where this mod comes into play to fix that and finally make this game 100% perfection in my eyes. I've also chosen to implement this fix for the Complete Collection of the game because I'm a big fan of the original game and this version does the original justice while giving it that modern day face lift we all love to see.

Screenshots of the original game:

before10.png

20210511.jpg

20210512.jpg

Screenshots of the game with the mod:

cecil.png

20220223_212438616.jpeg

20220223_212555610.jpeg

20220223_212709181.jpeg

Installation:
Like all my other mods the installation is very easy and straight forward. Just take the provided "TEXTURES" folder of the mod and drop it into the correct PPSSPP directory. MAKE SURE that the "Replace Textures" option is ticked in your emulator settings or else the textures won't be replaced with the new modded ones. Also, I'm once again using the PPSSPP Stand Alone Beta myself so I'll post that directory below for those that are also using it. For the Retroarch users out there I apologize but I honestly have no idea what the directory is for you guys but I'm sure someone below in the comments in future posts will post that to help everyone out.

20210515.jpg

PPSSPP stand alone beta directory for texture replacements:
switch/ppsspp/config/ppsspp/PSP <----- you'll insert the full "TEXTURES" folder within that PSP directory.

Credits:
Models credits for the remade model go to Holohol from Reddit. He had uploaded an earlier version of the model about 3yrs back that I happened to find and the download link was of course dead lol so I saved the thumbnail image and rebuilt and upgraded the model and sprite-sheet myself from scratch into the beautiful new sprite-sheet you see today. Mad props and respect to him though because without his original work we wouldn't be here today enjoying this mod.

Link to download the Mod:

Extra Links:

Here I just wanted to post two extra links for you guys. One being a link to M4xw's epic PPSSPP stand alone beta build for the Nintendo Switch and the other being an amazing FFIV rom hack that I came across and have been using that expands the spell system to add in extra white magic spells for Cecil's Paladin form and Rydia's kid form from the 3D Nintendo DS Remake of the game. It really helps expand the gameplay for Cecil and Rydia so I highly recommend it. Enjoy the mod everyone!

Link to M4xw's PPSSPP stand alone beta:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ppsspp-switch-standalone-beta.544071/

Link to the FFIV Complete Collection rom hack:
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5200/

drgnma11.jpg

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back