• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hardware Components used on the Switch (mostly the motherboard and main console)

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
I've been thinking of starting a thread which lists replacement parts to help those who have the soldering skills and equipment to repair at a component level (in this case, many of the components are microscopic).

I've repaired a few Switches over the past few months (often needing to only replace the USB C port on the console, it's a common point of failure) although I've recently ventured into replacing the M92T36 charging chip. Unfortunately on my first attempt I managed to lose some of the extremely small caps and resistors that are adjacent to that chip so if anyone happens to know the capacitance and resistance values of those, along with parts numbers, I'd be very grateful (on my second attempt I didn't lose any caps or resistors). :)

I'd like to create a list of all of the smaller, surface mounted components found on the board with a view to making a full list of what goes where, the value of each part (resistance, capacitance, etc) along with part numbers and suppliers (in the UK there are places like RS and Farnell for example who are bound to carry such common parts, I'd also like to list suppliers in other countries). This also applies to the very fragile Flat Flex Cable (FFC) connectors - for example, here is the FFC connector for the Joycon ribbon cables on the console motherboard -

https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/538-503566-1100 (thanks to mattytrog for this link).

I'd also like to include on the list the ICs and RAM chips found on the motherboard.

The M92T36 (charging power control chip) can be found on Ebay, Aliexpress, etc. This is the component that is often damaged when a third party docking station is used.

Here is the battery charger chip - https://uk.farnell.com/texas-instru...ptor-charger-li-24vqfn/dp/2254993?ost=BQ24193

The USB C connector can easily be found on Ebay, prices are around £5 each if buying locally, although importing from China is of course cheaper (but slower to deliver).

As for easier non-soldering repairs, Ebay can also be used for the game card slot and the micro SD card slot, the same applies to the fan and battery plus other parts like the rails that the Joycons slide into.

There's no harm in expanding this to also cover the docking station, Joycons and Pro Controller.

Feel free to add any useful information to this thread, particularly part numbers and sources.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back