• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RELEASE ROM Hack XCI BUILDER

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
EDIT:
I'll open soon a new thread for NX-Batchbuilder which will integrate all my current tools plus will feature a reverse mode to change back to nsp the files converted and fix the old conversions that needed the [lc].nsp transforming them in the ones NUT_cleaner does.

23/09/2018.
Added NUT_BATCH_CLEANER v0.30 . Check github for latest changes.

v0.30- Added new options in zconfig.
> Option 4: Way the items are organized.
* line: scattered in output folder
* folder: in folders according to game name
> Option 5 and option 6: Output folders for xci and nsp. As default using
a common folder for both.
> Option 7: Preserve stripped files from the nsp as a .zip file for future
restore function. (True by default)
> Option 8: Replace original file with clean/converted files.As default false.
TAKE CARE WITH THIS ONE. BETTER CHECK ALL WORKS FINE BEFORE ACTIVATING IT.
Added option to erase list.txt in manual mode.

21/09/2018. Added NUT_BATCH_CLEANER v0.21 with some fixes:
v0.21- Fixed issue with manual mode not detecting the user repacking input correctly
Added better check for dlcs and updates, according to id
Added another config parameter to "nsp_cleaner_options.cmd" (xnsp_ifnotgame)
> This parameter serves to repack dlcs and updates as nsp if processing list as xci only.
Options are:
* true: repack dlcs and updates as nsp
* false: skip dlc and update repacking when exporting as xci.

20/09/2018. Added NUT_BATCH_CLEANER v0.2 with xci_repacking and more:
https://github.com/julesontheroad/NUT_BATCH_CLEANER/releases/tag/0.2
Well may as well post this since I won't do a new thread till I integrate it with current builder:
Automator for nut by Blawar to make nsp's without titerights encryption and tickets. If you use this kind of nspfiles with the builder you'll get xci files that doesn't require ticket installations aka [lc].nsp
https://github.com/julesontheroad/NUT_BATCH_CLEANER
As allways an automator of a process you can achive manually with NUT from blawar:
https://github.com/blawar/nut

XCI BUILDER (v0.7)

This and it's brother NX-Trimmer are meant to highlight the excelent work done by LucaFraga with hacbuild which is actually fully functional with a small issue if you now how to use it.
The issue with hacbuild is that it can only build xci files with 4nca in the secure partition. This is probably because a parameter in the header of the xci which points to the number of files in the secure partition. Probably was thought as a fixed value since the normal partition only have more than 4 files in rare occasions. This was solved via a compromise (in these rare occasions, as described bellow, but requires a better approach by identifying the issue and editing hacbuild)
You're wellcome to modify, repack, make a gui.. etcera of this as long as you give credits to at least to LucaFraga, SciresM and CVFireDragon wich made the hardest work, especially Luca and Scires. Mine is just a workflow facilitator of something you can do manually with these programs.
More in
https://github.com/julesontheroad/XCI_Builder

Note 2 (important): Ok, so for big games conversion hacbuild doesn't seem to be the most stable program. I'm getting instances i which it completes the process flawlesly and instances in which it stops while building from root.hfs0 (only really big games like RE Revelations 2). I'm gonna change the batch from auto-xci building to manual xci building by steps. It should fix this issue, i'll probably updload it next week to make some proper testing.
Also if you have a root.hfs0 in your final folder the xci file is probably not completed so erase the xci file. I'm gonna make another batch to help you build those root.hfs0 in an xci so you don't have to repeat the process from the start. I'll probably upload it on sunday as i'll be kinda bussy all day tomorrow.

1. Description

This tool purpose is to convert nsp files to xci files. This is a batch application which serves to automate the workflow between the following programs:
This is a batch application which serves to automate the workflow between the following programs:
a.) hacbuild: Program meant to create xci files from nca files, made by LucaFraga.
https://github.com/LucaFraga/hacbuild/
b.) hactool: Program which function is give information, decrypt and extract a lot of different kind of files us by the NX System.
Hactool was made by SciresM
https://github.com/SciresM/hactool/
c.) nspBuild: Program meant to create nsp files from nca files.
https://github.com/CVFireDragon/nspBuild/
NX-Trimmer was also inspired by "A Simple XCI, NCA, NSP Extracting Batch file (Just Drag and Drop) with Titlekey decrypt"
by Bigjokker and published in gbatemp:

2. Requirements
- A computer with a Window's OS is needed
- You'll need to complete keys.txt in ztools with the keys needed by hactool.
- Optionally complete header_key.txt with xci_header_key
- You'll need to have Python installed for nspbuild to work correctly
- You'll need to have at least .net frameworks 4.5.2 installed so hacbuild can work correctly.

3. Functions
- Conversion from nsp files to xci files
- Creation of small nsp files (normally less than 1mb) to install game titlekey in the console.
- "game_info" files extraction from xci files
- The xci files created incorporate a blank update and normal partition which makes them smaller than
tipicall xci files.

4. Changelog
**CHANGED header_key.txt to header_key(optional).txt ***
If you want to use the header_key.txt fill the text file and erase the (optional) mark

header_key(optional).txt > fill the "xci_header_key" value > change name to header_key.txt to use it.

v0.6.5 - Lot of changes made to previous version:
I - Added compatibility with games with more than 5 nca. (Games that include an html manual)
The manual was stripped from the game, this doesn't impede game execution. And game is fully functional.
If you try to access the manual in these kind of games this action won't get any result and you will be able to keep playing.
Games are fully funtional without manual nca and there are few games that includes it to begin with.
II - Output route was moved to "output_xcib" so everything is better organiced XCI_Builder can be in the same folder as NX-Trimmer,
which now uses el usará "output_nxt" as output folder.
III - Reformed ztools folder, erasing not needed files.
IV - Little mod to hacbuild.exe so it takes "xci_header_key" from ztools. "xci_header_key" it's actually not needed everything works without it
but hacbuild gives a warning wich was ugly for the batch output
V - Added template for keys.txt and header_key.txt in ztools
VI - Added tag system for the files output. It goes as follows:
a) Se eliminan las tags [] de los ficheros. Para eliminar cosas como trimmed.
b) Se eliminan los caracteres _ (más que nada porque no me gusta como quedan)
c) Se añade las siguientes tags a la salida.
[xcib] xci converted with XCI_Builder
[nm] "no manual", manual was erased to get the resulting xci to work
[lc] In output nsp refers to the small nsp needed to get the xci to work.
VII - Added options in batch header. Edit with notepad++ to select them
a) "preservemanual" By default 0. Set at 1 if you want the manual nca to not be deleted. If set at 1 the manual will be sent to output folder.
NOTE1: Is advised to ¡¡NOT INSTALLED the manual .nca!! as the game will give error if you try to access the game manual.
NOTE2: The xci without manual is completely functional and if manual is selected it won't happened anything.
NOTE3: This option is thought for a future xci to nsp converter that will revert the process.
b) "delete_brack_tags" Erase [] tags like [trimmed]- By default at 1
c) "delete_pa_tags" Erase tags () like (USA) - By default at 0. If activated it could also erase [] tags
NOTE: If upgrading from previous version replace ztools folder hactool version was upgraded and an small modification was made in hacbuild code.
v0.5.0 - First launch in elotrolado.net
v0.5.1 - v0.5.5.1 - Little fixes

5. Limitations
- xci files only work with SX OS
- To load the xci files you'll need to get the titlekey which I call license in your NX console. It can be
achieved in various ways.
a.) Installing the original game previously via eshop
b.) Installing the original nsp previously via devmenu/SX OS/Tinfoil...
(It doesn't need to be installed in the current moment)
c.) Installing the license file obtained with the programo "game_name[lc].nsp"
This file needs to be installed with SX OS installer.
d.) For nsp files with more than 5nca is needed to delete the nca manual
e.) Processing times for more than 4gb games is longer than it shoul be proporcionallu. Probably linked to hacbuild fix number 5 regarding the overflow
error in this kind of files. (Could be interesting to investigate if a fastest processing approach is possible)
f.) The symbol "!" gives error when passed to hacbuild. So rename snipperclips file

6. Use of the application
I.- First fill "keys.txt" in ztools folder so hactool can work properly.
More info: https://github.com/SciresM/hactool
II.- Optionally fill the file header_key.txt in ztools with xci_header_key value
III.- To convert a nsp to xci dragg the nsp file over "XCI_Builder_v0.6.x.bat" and wait for the system window to close
IV.- You'll get a folder with the name of the game in the output folder. Inside you'll find two files.
- "game"[xcib].xci -> Converted nsp
- "game"[lc].nsp -> License file to ge titlekey in the system.
V.- For game_info.ini you can edit the preset or give it as it is. I'm getting 100% compatibility as it is.
VI.- Install file [lc].nsp with SX OS custom installer or older tinfoil versions
VII. - Load the xci file and enjoy

7. Compatibility
With current changes and accepting the described limitations this method should be compatible with all current xci files.
At least I didn't find any issues.

Attachments

• NUT BATCH CLEANER (nk) v0.3.zip
    NUT BATCH CLEANER (nk) v0.3.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 27
  • NUT BATCH CLEANER (v0.21)(nk).zip
    NUT BATCH CLEANER (v0.21)(nk).zip
    991.8 KB · Views: 29
  • XCI_Builder_v0.7(nk).zip
    XCI_Builder_v0.7(nk).zip
    894.1 KB · Views: 29
  • hacbuild (rebuild by Bigjokker).rar
    hacbuild (rebuild by Bigjokker).rar
    9.6 KB · Views: 35
This program is designed to efficiently create XCI files for Nintendo Switch games. It streamlines the process, ensuring that XCI files are generated accurately and quickly. With a focus on simplicity and performance, XCI BUILDER empowers users to create game backups effortlessly. Its intuitive interface and robust functionality make it an indispensable tool for Switch enthusiasts.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back