• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homebrew [Release] [WIP] dsidl - QR based file downloader for the DSi

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
Website
gameparadise.org
Credits
So I was a bit bored and decided to duct tape dsi-camera to the WIP download code from Universal-Updater's WIP DSi port... Throw in a file browser and name entry and it's a functional*, if not super pretty, file downloader for the DSi!

*your milage may vary, dsiwifi is very finicky and only works on certain routers

Usage is very simple:
  1. Add a Wi-Fi network in System Settings under "Advanced Settings"
    • Due to compatibility issues in the dsiwifi library not all routers will work, WEP/open routers also likely don't work at all
  2. Open dsidl and wait for it to load, if it gets stuck you can reload it while holding SELECT to view more detailed logging information
  3. Create a QR code for what you want to download and scan it with your DSi
  4. Choose the directory to save to, edit the file name if needed, and your file will start downloading
  5. You're done!

Mainly made this since UU's DSi port has stalled due to dsiwifi being unstable. This isn't exactly any better in that regard but it is a much simpler idea that I've had for a while and I wanted to put something out there that used dsiwifi. I may try forking dsiwifi myself to see if I can improve it, but I'm not sure how much I'd be able to do... I'm quite familiar with much of the DSi but actually reverse engineering things and such always tends to get me stuck, I'm better at making something using the docs someone else has already made.

:download: The download is on GitHub and Universal-DB, source code is also on GitHub

(A CIA is provided mainly for testing purposes, 3DS users should probably just use FBI instead)

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back